Rob Mitchell is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA).
Rob is a native of Henderson County and resident of Spottsville, Kentucky, who has worked in accounting for more than 30 years. He became a CPA in 1993 and holds licenses in three states. He became a CVA in 2010.
Rob’s primary area of focus is taxation, although he has extensive experience in business valuation and litigation support services, compilation and review assurance services, and employee benefit plan administration.
In addition to his professional work, Rob has had vast civic and community involvement.
Brescia University – Owensboro, Kentucky
Degree: Bachelor of Science, 1989
Certified Public Accountant
Commonwealth of Kentucky, March 1993
State of Indiana, August 1997
State of Tennessee, August 2006
Certified Valuation Analyst
National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst, July 2010
Certificate Number 991308
Mitchell & Associates, PLLC
2019 – Present Managing Member
Riney, Hancock & Company, PSC
2018-2019 – Shareholder
McElroy, Mitchell & Associates, LLP
2003-2017 – Managing Partner
Mitchell and Associates, PLLC
1999-2003 – Managing Member
York, Neel & Company, LLP
1988-1999 – Partner
Areas of Focus
Rob’s primary area of focus is taxation. This involves:
- Preparation of individual, partnership, corporate, fiduciary and not-for-profit tax returns and employee benefit tax returns along with the related tax planning for those entities.
- Representation of clients in tax audits and various tax matters before local, state and federal taxing agencies.
- In addition, he helps clients with business formation and set-up along with asset protection strategies.
Rob has performed valuations for closely held businesses for the following reasons:
- Sale of business
- Estate tax purposes
- Succession planning
- Shareholder or partner buyout or disputes
- Bank financing
In addition, he has provided litigation support services such as:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Partner and shareholder disputes
- Asset tracing
- Forensic accounting
- Calculation of pension values for QUADROs
- Calculation of loss of income or economic damage
- Asset verification
- Various other projects either directed by legal counsel or the court system. Rob has been qualified as an expert in state and federal courts.
Compilation and Review Assurance Services for clients in various industries.
Employee Benefit Plan Administration
Pension and health and welfare plans, including plan set-up, design and administration.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants (KYCPA)
- Past Member Board of Directors
- Past President Green River Chapter
- Leadership Council
- Indiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (INCPA)
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Presenter for various education programs for student education, client education, continuing education for various professional groups
Civic, Fraternal and Community Involvement
Rob is involved in various civic affairs and has held leadership offices in several organizations.
- Finance Committee
- Audit Committee
- Investment Committee
- Presidential Advisory Board
Farmers Bank of Marion, Kentucky
- Community Board Member
Healing Reins of Kentucky, Inc.
- Board Member
Owensboro Catholic School System
- School Council Board Member
- Past Board Chairman
- Past Board Treasurer
- Past Finance Committee Chair
- Past Executive Committee Member
St. Augustine Catholic Church
- Financial Administrator of Parish
- Finance Committee, Chairman
- School Council Representative
- Past Reverse Raffle Committee Chair
- Past Parish Council Representative, Past Chairman
Henderson County Democratic Executive Committee
- Treasurer and Board Member
Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Henderson Lodge # 206
United Way of Henderson County
- Past Professional Chair for Fund Raising Campaign
American Red Cross Cardinal Chapter
- Past Board Member
Henderson County Literacy Council
- Past Board Member
- Past Board Officer
- Wife – April
- Children – Zach, Emily, Davis, Ellie, Sam